Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Umm, Was That Your Idea of Asking Me Out?






Now let me start by saying, I don't date much...scratch that... I don't date at all lately.  Partially because I'm more focused on my career right now than I've ever been, but the second reason is  because men simply don't ask me out very often.  Oh they compliment, they flirt, sometimes they even stutter and stammer and find any excuse to talk to me about nothing... but they rarely just go for the gold and ask me out.  So my point is, I may be just a little rusty when it comes to the dating scene, which is why I feel compelled to pose this question ladies & gentlemen... Is this the new and acceptable way to be asked out on a lunch date by someone you just met??

The Guy: "So Chris, where we at after this?"
 Me: "Where we at with what?"
 The Guy: "You know, where we at?"
 Me: (Scrunched up confused face) "Huh?"
 The Guy: "Friday's, Chili's?..."
 Me: (Laughing out loud) "Ohhhh, for lunch!"
 The Guy: (Smiling) "Yeah, where we going?"
 Me: "I'm on a juice fast, can't eat 'til April 11th..."
 The Guy: (Scrunched up confused face) "Oh, okay..."


**End Scene...**

I didn't know until his friend told me later that he'd been waiting for a chance to meet & ask me out, but because of the casual approach, I didn't think much about it when I declined in a casual way.  I tle old fashioned when it comes to dating and would expect that if a man were truly interested in a woman, he wouldn't approach her in such a casual way.  But perhaps the casual approach is the new norm??  So your opinion please...  is this the new way to ask ladies out who you've been wanting to talk to??  Ladies, how would you have responded?

No comments:

Post a Comment